Information on the lectures can be found in our KIT course catalog.
Useful hints for filling out your Learning Agreement:
- About 70% of your selected courses should be offered by the host department
- You can also obtain ECTS points for your participation in the pre-semester German language course. For further information see "German courses".
- Be flexible! It happens quite often, that you will have to change your Learning Agreement after your arrival at Karlsruhe. However, this is not a problem. You can easily implement changes after having talked to your department coordinator at KIT.
- For some lectures at KIT, you will have to register. You can see which courses are concerned from the course description. Please be aware that you will only be able to register, once your have been enroled at KIT, not before.
- The number of ECTS points awarded for each lecture depends on the host department. This is why ECTS points are not directly mentioned in the course catalog but in the individual course descriptions in the module handbooks of each department.
- If everything else fails, an easy way to find information on a specific lecture is an online search engine (e.g. Google). Just type in the name of the lecture (e.g. from the course catalog) and "KIT".
If you need assistance to select subject-specific courses, you should contact the responsible departmental coordinator at KIT directly.
Lecture Translator at KIT
Problems with the German language? The Lecture Translator transcribes and translates the lecture automatically! You can read a transcription in German and the translation on your laptop or smartphone.
Further information can be found on the webpage of the Center for Technology-Enhanced Learning (Zentrum für Mediales Lernen/ZML) at KIT.