DAAD Prize for Excellence International students
Once a year KIT honors particularly committed foreign students with the prize of the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD). The prize is endowed with 1000 euros. The nominees are international students who perform outstandingly well during their studies and also show a great intercultural commitment to society.
Application deadline: April 29, 2022
Employees of Karlsruhe Institute of Technology and of the Studierendenwerk Karlsruhe, as well as heads of university groups of KIT are invited to propose international students for the DAAD Prize. Please attach the following documents in German or English:
- A KIT member’s opinion on the academic qualification of the nominee
- A non-academic opinion highlighting the social commitment of the nominee
- A detailed CV of the nominee
- Signed data protection declaration
- Confirmation of enrollment at KIT.
Contact: Kai Rebensburg
- 2017 Andreea-Roxana Tulbure
- 2018 Lama Alkadi
Helmholtz International Fellow Award
The Helmholtz International Fellow Award is intended to contribute to intensifying existing cooperations between scientists at Helmholtz centers and excellent foreign researchers. It is endowed with 20,000 euros and should enable successful candidates to realize joint research projects with colleagues from the Helmholtz Association or to strengthen existing cooperations. The Helmholtz institutions, including the KIT, nominate candidates twice a year, and the Helmholtz presidium makes the selection.
- 2018 Paul Burn (University of Queensland in Australia)