Our services for KIT hosts:
- Support and advice for KIT hosts (scientists, departments, administration) who want to invite international scientists.
Our services for incoming international scientists:
We can assist you and your family in administrative affairs and answer any questions concerning everyday life in Karlsruhe:
- Information and advice on planning, preparation and implementation of your research stay at KIT
- Information on scholarships and employment at KIT
- Advice on administrative issues: visa, matters of aliens and immigration law, residence permit, employment and tax, health and social insurance
- Assistance with visits to local authorities
- Accommodation support
- Support of your partner and family: studies, job search, child care, schools
- Welcome services and integration into the international KIT community:
- support during first days
- information about life in Karlsruhe and on campus
- suggestions of how to acquire language skills
- information on leisure activities and diverse events
- facilitation of interdisciplinary and cross-cultural exchange
Our service for international scientists leaving KIT:
- Support at the end of your stay
- Support of research Alumni (“Forscher-Alumni”)
Our services for KIT scientists going abroad:
- Information on funding opportunities
- Advice and contacts
We cooperate closely with other service units and departments at KIT as well as with external partners like the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation, the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), the Federal Office for Migration and Refugees (BAMF), local authorities, partner institutions, local and trans-regional networks and international alumni.
IScO is part of EURAXESS, the European services network for international researchers.