What do I have to do?

When you move into an accommodation, you must notify the competent authority. You must do this within the first 2 weeks. If you live directly in Karlsruhe, do the registration with the Universalassistent Meldewesen. Under "Ihr Anliegen" please specify: „Anmeldung des Einzugs in eine neue Wohnung nach §23 Absatz 1 Bundesmeldegesetz.“


Those who live in a district of Karlsruhe must call the Bürgerbüro in the district where you live and make an appointment.

You will need the following items to register: Your lease, housing provider confirmation (to be completed by your landlord, registration form (you must fill this in), passport, electronic residence permit or your visa, enrollment certificate. Find more info here.

If you do not live in Karlsruhe, please go to the Bürgerbüro where you live.

In many places you can call 115 and get help from the office.

Where should I do this?