On this page you will find information for students of the Eucor partner universities Basel, Freiburg, Haute-Alsace and Strasbourg about the mobility procedure at KIT. This applies to both semester mobility and selective mobility.
The application for students of the Eucor partner universities (Basel, Freiburg, Haute-Alsace and Strasbourg) at KIT is done via the Portal Mobility Online. Go to the Portal Mobility Online in German. Go to the Portal Mobility Online in English.
Please inform yourself about the lecture times at KIT.
Application deadline: Please apply for the start of the winter semester by 30 September at the latest, for the summer semester by 31 March at the latest.
You would like to complete a block seminar (a compact format on only a few dates), a course of the interdisciplinary offer, an Laboratory practical course, a thesis or similar at KIT? Find out whether a later enrolment is possible if your course does not start at the beginning of the semester.
All documents for application and enrolment can be downloaded from the portal or uploaded directly there:
- Application form
- Current certificate of enrolment from your home university
- Enrolment form (KIT)
- Health insurance certificate
- Eucor Learning Agreement
Re-registration as an Eucor student is possible. For this purpose, a current certificate of enrolment from the home university and a current Eucor Learning Agreement must be submitted.
- Re-registration periods: For the winter semester: 01.07 - 15.08. For the summer semester: 15.01 - 15.02.
- The documents can be uploaded in the Portal Mobility Online.
2. RECEIPT OF THE STUDENT ID
- As soon as the complete application has been received, you will be enrolled and will promptly receive your matriculation number as well as all further information (such as access data for the student portal so that your student ID card can be created).
- Find out about software, IT services and e-learning for a good start at KIT
3. LEARNING AGREEMENT (LA)
- Find out about the courses offered at KIT and choose the courses you would like to take.
Important: Online course enrolment is only possible once you are enrolled at KIT and have received your access data.
- Download a current version of the Eucor Learning Agreement and follow the explanations on p.2 for your home university.
- Finalise the Eucor Learning Agreement:
- First speak to the contact person of your faculty (programme coordinator or subject coordinator) at your home university.
- The completed Eucor Learning Agreement can be uploaded directly to the Portal Mobility Online of the KIT and edited by the relevant KIT faculty coordinators.
Please note: The processing of the Learning Agreement at KIT can take some time, sometimes up to 3 weeks.
4. TRANSCRIPT OF RECORDS (ToR)
- At the end of your study stay at KIT you will receive a Transcript of Records. Students of all KIT faculties (except the KIT Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences) can obtain and download their ToR online in the Campus Management Portal.
- Students of the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences please contact the respective departmental coordinator before the end of their stay.
5. LIVING AND RESIDING IN KARLSRUHE
Dormitory places (only for stays of at least one semester at KIT):
For Eucor students, the Student Service Karlsruhe offers rooms in its halls of residence.
- The offer: A room in a hall of residence of the Student Service, free information and counselling, participation in international events and excursions of the International Student Center (STW Karlsruhe).
- The application for admission to the halls of residence in Karlsruhe should be submitted to the Student Service at least two months before the desired move-in date. Please note that the Student Service cannot guarantee a room.
- For more information on the halls of residence and the online application; please select "EUCOR" under University.
- The KIT-Card (your student ID) can also be used as a ticket for public transport.
- Monday to Friday (6 p.m. to 6 a.m.), Saturdays, Sundays and on public holidays (all day) the KIT-Card can be used as a ticket free of charge in connection with the KVV certificate for students.
If you want to use the public transport around Karlsruhe (the KVV network) outside these times, it currently costs about 170 € (168,90€, as of 2022, more information).
Here new students can get to know Karlsruhe, the KIT and other students. There are various offers at the beginning of the semester, e.g.
- the international O-Phase of ESN Karlsruhe in cooperation with the International Students Office (IStO),
- the orientation phases of the student councils,
- the online offer "Studienstart International" (please note: the online course on the learning platform ILIAS can only be used after the KIT account has been activated).
A German course accompanying the studies is free of charge for Eucor students enrolled at KIT.