After being nominated by your home university for an ERASMUS exchange with KIT (before May 15th/November 15th), you will be able to complete our online application procedure. Please contact the ERASMUS coordinator at your home university directly for all questions regarding the selection and nomination process. We cannot influence it.
Deadlines for ERASMUS students:
- June 1st for the Winter Semester or the whole academic year
- December 1st for the Summer Semester
Attention: Your application is only valid once all documents have been stamped and signed by your home university and have arrived by ordinary mail at the International Students Office at KIT.
- After nomination of your home university, you will receive an email with information on our online application system Mobility Online.
- After submitting your data online, you have to print off the completed application form.
- At the same time you should start preparing your Learning Agreement and check it with your home university coordinator. You can find instructions regarding courses at KIT under "course selection".
- In addition, you should obtain a German language certificate stating your German level at your home university or a language school (cf. “Requirements”). A simple certificate of attendance is not sufficient. If you plan to attend English-taught lectures, you should also obtain an English language certificate.
- Then you should have both printouts of the application and your Learning Agreement signed and stamped by the ERASMUS coordinator of your home university.
Finally, you should send the signed application forms as well as the signed Learning Agreement, the German language Certificate and/or English language Certificate by post to the following address:
KIT - International Students Office
ERASMUS INCOMING Coordinator
Germany Please note that all above mentioned documents have to be sent in hard copies and arrive by June 1st (winter term or whole year) or December 1st (summer term).
- After reception of your paper application documents, we will contact you by email and inform you about possible missing documents.
- Once your application documents are complete, our departmental coordinators will evaluate your application.
- As soon as you have been accepted by the departmental coordinators, you will receive a letter of admission (Zulassungsbescheid) by email along with further information (cf. "Preparation"). This will happen mid-July for admission for the winter semester or at the end of January for the summer semester.
Students with special needs
KIT welcomes students with disabilities, but asks them to contact the International Students Office as soon as possible, so that special care can be taken during preparation.
Information about residence permits/visa:
Non EU/Non EEA citizens will require a student visa (not a tourist visa) in order to study in Germany. This visa can be obtained at the local German embassy in your home country.
Additionally you will need the letter of admission (Zulassungsbescheid) from KIT to apply a visa. It will be sent to you after your application has been approved.
All other ERASMUS students do not require a visa.
You can find further information under "visa".