International Affairs

Before you leave…

Your stay at KIT is unfortunately coming to an end. Soon you will return to your home university
Before we send you on your way, we want to give you some tips so that you won’t encounter any unresolved issues, once you are back home.


De-registering („Exmatrikulation“) am KIT


Before you leave KIT, you should de-register. In order to do so, you should come by the International Students Office and pick up your “Antrag auf Exmatrikulation”. This request form has to be stamped by the library, the International Students Office and the Students Office (Studierendenservice). Also, you should get your confirmation of departure from the International Students Office. In case your home university needs further forms stamped, this is the time as well.


Transcript of Records


In order to transfer the credits you’ve achieved at KIT to your home university, you should obtain a transcript of records. You should go and see your departmental coordinator or your department’s “Prüfungsamt” for a last time and ask them how to obtain the transcript (the process differs from department to department). You should also give them your address in your home country, just in case.


Notifying the city of Karlsruhe


Before you leave Karlsruhe, you should notify the city of Karlsruhe of your departure. You can do this easily at the “Bürgerbüro” responsible for the district you live in. Detailed information about the services of Karlsruhe's public authorities can be obtained at 115, Karlsruhe's public authorities' hotline 115.


Memories of KIT


A KIT collection is available at the KIT-Webshop . This way you can buy something that will remind you of your good times at KIT.


Keep in touch


If you want to stay in touch with useven after your studies at KIT, you can become an alumni. Just log onto our Aumni Network and register. You will then receive regular KIT news and you can become a member in one of 18 Alumni Clubs worldwide (or found a new one in your home country). For more information, visit the alumni website  (only in German).