After you have arrived in Karlsruhe and before you can take up your studies at KIT, you must first enroll with the International Students Office.
Enrollment takes place at IStO (Building 50.20 Campus Map ) between April 1st and April 17th 2019. You need to reserve a date via the link given in the information letter. Please stick to the enrollment day you reserve and make sure to collect all necessary documents in time (see Info letter in the application portal and list below).
During enrollment we organize a Welcome Desk for you, please feel free to contact us there with any question you have or to pick up additional information about studies and living in Karlsruhe. German statutory heath insurance companies will be present and you can receive the necessary documents for enrollment here.
Enrollment is only possible on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays between April 1st and April 17th 2019. Please stick to the date. If you cannot make it in time, please mention this during your registration for enrollment. We will then tell you the next free date.
For the enrolment, please bring along the following documents, ...
... if you want to enroll for a Bachelors or Masters course at KIT:
- admission letter
- filled out enrollment form (cf. information letter with your admission letter)
- Bachelor's admission: original school leaving certificates with certified translations, if applicable original academic transcripts with translations, if applicable original certificate of entrance examination & simple copies of all documents
- Master's admission: original academic transcript of bachelor's degree with certified translations & simple copy, original degree certificate of bachelor’s degree with certified translations & simple copies
- original language certificate & simple copy
- confirmation, that you have paid the semester contribution (receipt or bank statement)
- 1 passport photo
- insurance certificate and forms from a statutory German insurance agency (not your insurance card)
a waiver from a statutory German health insurance agency (if you are privately insured or your insurance from your home country is valid in Germany)
- certificate of exmatriculation if you have already been a student at any German institution of higher education (this does not apply to the enrollment in Studienkolleg)
- passport with entry visa for studying (if you just entered Germany)
passport with eAT and updated supplementary sheet (if you have been in Germany for some time and already have a residence title for study purposes). Please note: KIT and the study programme must be mentioned in the supplementary sheet.
- Bachelor's admission: proof of study ortientation test (for example www.was-studiere-ich.de; www.borakel.de; www.explorit.de; www.testas.de)