After you have arrived in Karlsruhe and before you can take up your studies at KIT, you must first enroll with the International Students Office.
Enrollment takes place at IStO (Building 50.20 Campus Map) between April 4th and 11th 2018. Please stick to the enrollment day reserved for your study programme and make sure to collect all necessary documents in time (see Info letter in the application portal and list below).
During enrollment we organize a Welcome Desk for you, please feel free to contact us there with any question you have or to pick up additional information about studies and living in Karlsruhe. German statutory heath insurance companies will be present and you can receive the necessary documents for enrollment here.
April 2nd: International Students Office as well as Shops and Offices are closed (Easter Monday)
April 12th: International Students Office is closed today and enrollment is not possible. Meet us at the Information Day for international students.
April 16th: start of lecture period
For the enrolment, please bring along the following documents, ...
... if you want to enroll for a Bachelors or Masters course at KIT:
- admission letter
- filled out enrollment form (cf. information letter with your admission letter)
- Bachelor's admission: original school leaving certificates with certified translations, if applicable original academic transcripts with translations, if applicable original certificate of entrance examination & simple copies of all documents
- Master's admission: original academic transcript of bachelor's degree with certified translations & simple copy, original degree certificate of bachelor’s degree with certified translations & simple copies
- original language certificate & simple copy
- confirmation, that you have paid the semester contribution (receipt or bank statement)
- 1 passport photo
- insurance certificate and forms from a statutory German insurance agency (not your insurance card)
a waiver from a statutory German health insurance agency (if you are privately insured or your insurance from your home country is valid in Germany)
- certificate of exmatriculation if you have already been a student at any German institution of higher education (this does not apply to the enrollment in Studienkolleg)
- passport with entry visa for studying (if you just entered Germany)
passport with eAT and updated supplementary sheet (if you have been in Germany for some time and already have a residence title for study purposes). Please note: KIT and the study programme must be mentioned in the supplementary sheet.
- Bachelor's admission: proof of study ortientation test (for example www.was-studiere-ich.de; www.borakel.de; www.explorit.de; www.testas.de)