What is financial aid?
The International Students Office offer two types of financial aid: the general financial aid and the STIBET financial aid.
Both programs offer a one-time financial support for a limited time in order to avoid that a student has to drop out of his/her current study program due to unforeseeable and limited financial difficulties.
The financial aid can be granted only once per student for up to 6 months and will at least amount to 250€ per month. The approved funding period cannot be extended.
Temporary and guest students are not eligible to apply for this financial aid.
General financial aid
This aid is available to all international students:
- if they have found themselves in financial distress unexpectedly, through no fault of their own, and for a temporary period of time,
- if they can demonstrate that assistance from elsewhere is not possible,
- if they have performed well in their studies (at least 2.5)
STIBET financial aid
International students who have registered or are about to register for their thesis are eligible to apply for this financial aid. This financial aid is intended to prevent the abandonment shortly before completion of ongoing study for a degree due to financial emergency.
The aid is part of the STIBET program with the support of the German Academic Exchange Services (DAAD), financed by the Federal Foreign Office (AA).
The following criteria must be met:
- the student must have found him/herself in financial distress unexpectedly, through no fault of their own, and for a temporary period of time,
- the student can demonstrate that assistance from elsewhere is not possible,
- the student has performed well in his/her studies (at least 2.5),
- he student has entered the last stage of his/her studies.
More information & Application (first save the form, then open it and fill in)