KIT offers German and foreign students the possibility to complete their studies entirely in English.
Some courses are offered directly by the departments.
Additionally, the International Department provides fee-based courses at graduate, postgraduate and doctoral level.
It is also possible to only take individual subjects in English.
English graduate courses
This course is offered by the Carl Benz School of Engineering.
English and bilingual postgraduate courses
These courses are directly offered by KIT.
Students of bilingual degrees (BD) have to attend German and English-taught lectures. For further inquiries you can contact the International Students Office or the responsible department.
- European Master of Research on Information and Communication Technologies (MERIT) - Erasmus Mundus
- M.Sc. in Electrical Engineering and Information Technologies
- M.Sc. in Mathematics
- M.Sc. in Water Science and Engineering
- M.Sc. in Energietechnik/ Energy Engineering (BD)
These Executive Masters are offered by the Hector School of Engineering and Management. For further inquiries, please contact the School.
- M.Sc. in Green Mobility Engineering
- M.Sc. in Management of Product Development
- M.Sc. in Production and Operations Management
- M.Sc. in Electronic Systems Engineering and Management (ESEM)
- M.Sc. in Service Management & Engineering
- M.Sc. in Financial Engineering
- M.Sc. in Energy Engineering and Management
These courses are offered by the Karlsruhe School of Optics and Photonics. Please contact KSOP directly if you have any questions.
These courses are offered within the framework of KIC InnoEnergy.
English PhD Programs
KIT proposes numerous graduate programs. Many offer the possibility to follow an English program.
You can find more detailed information on the websites of each PhD Program.
Lectures in English
A list of lectures taught in English can be found in the course catalogue. Use the advanced search function to search by language of instruction. Further information is available on the departments' webpages.