who has never heard of the terms ‚sustainability‘ and ‚sustainable development‘ before?
Sustainable development is a trendy, modern term, highly visible in our society – everybody talks about it. But what does this development mean for your own professional and private future, for science, economy, for your studies and for our society as a whole?
The ‚3rd Sustainability Spring Days at KIT‘ (25. – 28. March) offer the chance to explore different topics and fields of action dealing with sustainable development, to learn about methods used in the sustainability research and to discuss with experts from different disciplins and branches of work life.
Students from all disciplines are invited to participate in the project days and to explore the wide field of ‚sustainable development‘, to critically question it and to discover new insights into sustainability research and practice.
The project days offer…
· three workshops – chose from more than 20 workshop topics and work with sustainability research methods.
· two field trips – choose from the offer of 18 local companies or institutions and gain insights into different fields of professional work life and projects, discuss with experts, contribute to the development of new ideas for running projects and establish contacts for the future.
· the public keynote speech of Prof. Dr. Uwe Schneidewind, president of the Wuppertal Institute for Climate, Environment, Energy. He invites his audience to discuss the fine line between commitment for more sustainability and ‚greenwahsing‘.
· the ‚Fair of Opportunities‘ - meet over 30 sustainability initiatives and activists. Use this Get-Together for networking, exchanging informations and collecting new ideas.
Detailed information about the program and registration process can be found on
(English information on workshops and excursions offered in English can be found in the section ‚Anmeldung / Registration‘,
basic information in English on the project days can also be found here).
You can gain 2 – 4 credits by participating in all elements of the Sustainability Spring Days. The credits can be acknolwedged as key qualifications for your studies or for the Supplementary Studies on Sustainable Development or the qualification module NATAN at ZAK.
· Please register first for the Sustainability Spring Days.
As a participant of the project days, you will then further need to register for
· Your preferred workshop package, consisting of three workshops.
Please note: Workshop packages 1 – 5 are offered in English. A list of the workshop packages and descriptions can be found here.
· Two field trips: First read the description of the excursions and then follow the relevant registration link for each excursion.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contaact us: