Since 2009 the International Scholars and Welcome Office (IScO) is part of the DAAD scholarship and support program STIBET for foreign doctoral candidates and postdocs. With STIBET foreign doctoral candidates and young postdoctoral researchers can be supported by measures especially tailored to their needs.
Below you can find further information about programs.
- Teaching Assistantships
- Research Assistantships
- Contact Scholarships for foreign doctoral candidates, especially from partner universities to improve international partnership
- Pre-Graduation Scholarships for foreign doctoral candidates who are in need of financial aid to complete their degree
- Prize for foreign doctoral candidates with special commitment
|Lead time||Application||Approval||Funding period||Conclusion|
Foreign doctoral candidates and Postdocs
For data protection reasons, the application must be made via an encrypted email by the respective supervisor (Doktorvater/Doktormutter).
Documents to be submitted
- Data sheet
- Letter of recommendation from supervisor (Doktorvater/Doktormutter)
- Letter of motivation of doctoral candidates/postdocs including the milestones on the way to the graduation and the date when the graduation including the defense will be completed
- Valid certificate of enrollment for doctoral candidates
- Letter of acceptance as doctoral candidate by the faculty
- Membership of the Karlsruhe House of Young Scientists (KHYS)
The application will be reviewed by internal audit. Information on the outcome is provided in writing.
Is listed for each individual funding respectively.
After the funding period a short final report shall be drawn up together with a photo of the doctoral candidate. The report will be published on the website under personal accounts.
Project contact person: Oliver Kaas
Supported by the DAAD with funds from the Federal Foreign Office.