Initiatives and General Information at KIT:
- Initiatives and general information for refugees at Karlsruhe Institute of Technology - KIT
Further Networks and Platforms (External Links):
- Germany Platform: www.chance-for-science.de
- Social network for refugees and local scientists. It also lists offers from German universities and research centers for migrants.
- Helmholtz Association Refugee Initiative: https://www.helmholtz.de/en/about_us/the_association/refugee_initiative/
- The Helmholtz Association, in a joint endeavour with the Bundesagentur für Arbeit (Federal Employment Agency), launched a new initiative in mid-December 2015.
- Euraxess Opportunities for refugees: How to apply?
- Additional Funding for Refugee Scholars and Scientists
Baden Wuerttemberg Funds for persecuted scientists (Website in German only)
- launched by the Ministry of Science, together with the renowned Institute of International Education and the Baden-Wuerttemberg Foundation.
- The aim of the program: to enable persecuted scientists to pursue their research work at a university in Baden-Württemberg, regardless of their nationality or subject area.
- International / Worldwide Networks:
Scholars at Risk is an international network of institutions and individuals whose mission it is to protect scholars and promote academic freedom.
The German Section of the global Scholars at Risk Network is composed of German universities, research institutions and science organisations that campaign to support and offer sanctuary to researchers under threat as well as to protect academic freedom
Rescuing persecuted scholars and preserving their lives, voices and ideas around the globe.
Helps academics in immediate danger and supports higher education institutions whose continuing work is at risk or compromised.
Germany Institutes of Technology supporting Integration of Refugees in Germany.
Universities for openness, tolerance and against xenophobia - Nationwide campaign by HRK member universities.
Social startup providing higher education to refugees.
New York Declaration for Refugees and Migrants: Political will for saving lives and protecting rights of refugees and migrants around the globe.
A report about the current educational situation of young refugees of school-age under UNHCR’s mandate.
German initiative offering scholarship for talented refugees and enabling them with studying opportunities at universities
AGYA brings together excellent Arab and German scholars to face shared challenges and develop solutions through research cooperation
A non-profit digital school for tech-interested newcomers applying for asylum in Germany
A network bringing together 46 Member Universities from 35 capital cities of Europe to facilitate international collaborations and promote academic leadership
Read more: UNICA-SAR Seminar on Academic Freedom
Useful Information and Activities for the Integration of Refugees
- RefugeeGuide Online: Provide first information about Germany in more than 15 different languages.
- Jobbörse.de: Jobs for refugees in Germany
- Programming courses for refugees in Karlsruhe
- IBZ cultural programs: Diverse cultural programs and projects for refugee integration like:
"Sprecht miteinander! " - improve your German language by participation in the group talk for refugees.
- Bildungscafé for refugees in Karlsruhe: provide deeper insights about life in Germany through e.g. visiting cultural institutions and further education in language skills.