Annika Hampel studied Applied Cultural Sciences at the universities of Lüneburg and Passau, with one focus of her studies being International Cultural and Project Management. In July 2014, she was conferred her doctorate with distinction at the Institute for Cultural Policy of the University of Hildesheim for her thesis on international cooperation in culture, education, and science. This thesis was granted two research awards: The ifa Research Award on Foreign Cultural Policy 2015 and the ENCATC Research Award 2015.
Prior to and during her doctoral studies, the work of Annika Hampel at the universities of Cologne and Hildesheim concentrated on the internationalization of research, academic education, and studies. Among others, she coordinated and managed projects and events at the Goethe-Institutes in Ghana and Bolivia. Annika Hampel was granted three scholarships by the German Academic Exchange Service for research stays and internships in Ghana, India, and South Korea.
Since January 2017, Annika Hampel has been heading the International Affairs Service Unit of Karlsruhe Institute of Technology. Before, from July 2015 to December 2016, she headed the International Office of the University of Schmalkalden in Southern Thuringia.
For detailed information on her professional career, click
Presentations and Discussions
- August 2018: Presentation of Fair Cooperation. Partnership-based cooperation between the ‘Global North’ and the ‘Global South’ in Cultural Policy and Cultural Management in line with the 10th International Conference on Cultural Policy Research (ICCPR2018) at Tallinn University, Estonia.
- January 2018: Presentation of Fair Cooperation at the Institute for Cultural Policy of the University of Hildesheim in the course Cultural Policy in the Arts for Development.
- September 2017: Presentation in line with the awarding of the 4th ENCATC Research Award Ceremony & 1st ENCATC Fellowship Award Ceremony in Brussels.
- May 2017: Speaker of the group presentation ‚Supportive system or repressing conditions? – A critical questioning of concepts and structures for intercultural TYA’ at the ITYARN Research Conference (19th ASSITEJ World Congress and Performing Arts Festival for Children and Young People ‘Cradle of Creativity’) in Cape town/South Africa.
- January 2017: Framing Art and Cultural Management: the relationship of the management of arts and cultural objects to globalisation, internationalization, and migration (participant in discussion) at the Hochschule Heilbronn/location Künzelsau.
- July 2016: Group and individual presentation for Fair Cooperation. Partnership-based cooperation between the ‘Global North’ and the ‘Global South’ in Cultural Policy and Cultural Management in line with the 9th International Conference on Cultural Policy Research in Seoul/South Korea.
- November 2015: Presentation in line with the awarding of the 2nd ENCATC Research Award in Brussels: Fair Cooperation. Partnership-based Cooperation between the ‘Global North’ and the ‘Global South’ in Cultural Policy & Cultural Management.
- April 2013: Presentation about ‚Fair Indo-German Collaborations in the Field of TYA. Need for Research: The Artistic Practice and Artists’ Perspective’ in line with the International Symposium on Concepts, Contexts and Methods of Research in Theatre for Young Audience/ART MEETS RESEARCH at the University Hildesheim 21.-23. April 2013.
See also academia.edu-Profile Annika Hampel.
- Hampel, Annika (2017): The Culture of Cooperation. Structures, Processes, and Cultural Practices. See here: http://bit.ly/Hampel_research_Cooperation
- Hampel, Annika (2017): Fair Cooperation. Peter Lang Verlag. Brussels. See here: http://tinyurl.com/y8tj7v4d
- Hampel, Annika (2017): Fair Cooperation? Partnership-based Cooperation in Cultural Policy & Cultural Management. In: Dragićević Šešić M. & Rogač Mijatović Lj. eds. (2017): Cultural Diplomacy and International Cultural Cooperation, Ministry of Culture Republic of Serbia & University of Arts, Belgrade, P. 89-106.
- Hampel, Annika (2017): The Culture of Intercultural Cooperation. In: Fechner, Meike/Mittelstädt, Eckhard (ASSITEJ Bundesrepublik Deutschland e. V.) (Hg.): TYA in Germany: Current perspectives and experiences. IXYPSILONZETT. Magazine for Children and Young People’s Theatre. 01.2017. Frankfurt am Main. pg. 8-11.
- Hampel, Annika (2014): Cultural Policy and Processes of Transformation: International Research, Debate and Funding. In: Kultur. Politik. Diskurs. Aus Lehre und Forschung des Instituts für Kulturpolitik der Universität Hildesheim. Issue 15.
- Hampel, Annika (2013): Perspectives for a New Culture of Cooperation in the Arts: German-Indian Partnerships. In: Federal Republic of Germany Centre of the International Theatre Institute e.V.: Year Book 2013. Berlin. P. 32-37.
- Hampel, Annika (2012): Fair international collaborations within the arts: Artistic practice and the artists’ perspective in Indo-German partnerships. In: Fabianczyk, Magda/Hoyle, Sophia (Hg.) (2012): We were trying to make sense … Exploring Artist and Non-Artist Collaborations. London. pg. 8-12.
See also academia.edu-Profile Annika Hampel.
Voluntary Activities of Academic Relevance
- 02/2011 – 02/2013
Seminar Instructor & Member of the Federal Committee
Thesis e.V. – The Network for Doctoral Students and Post-docs
Conception and implementation of regular seminars for 800 association members, including budgeting, acquisition of lecturers, and marketing
- 11/2009 – 11/2010
Member of the Board and Secretary
Lüneburger Alumni e.V. / Leuphana University of Lüneburg
Development of the association’s activities and profile, public relations, member support, event organization